"As a psychology major, the drastic positive psychosocial effect our profession has on others is what initially drew me to dentistry and is what led me to pursue a career in orthodontics. In my biased view, being an orthodontist is the best job in the world, and is by far the most high-impact specialty in dentistry, if not medicine. Being able to help boost my patients' self-confidence and customize their smiles makes every day both enjoyable and a true blessing. I truly look forward to meeting each and every one of you!"
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology: Siena College
- Minor, Chemistry/Biology: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Doctor of Dental Surgery: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master of Science: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Orthodontic Certificate: University of Alabama at Birmingham
Dr. Gidaly was born and raised in Huntington, New York and is the youngest of four siblings. While attending Siena College as a Division I baseball player, he met his wife Claire, and recently they had their daughter Maddalyn, who is now 8 months old. Dr. Gidaly has lived in the Concord area on and off after his parents relocated to the Highland Creek from New York in 2004. He looks forward to moving back to the area and becoming an integral part of the community, practicing orthodontics, and raising his family.
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- North Carolina Dental Society
Outside of the Practice
Dr. Gidaly enjoys coaching baseball, mentoring, and teaching. He enjoys almost all outdoor activities including fishing, golf, tennis, and running.